Sunday 30 May 2010

Jasmine Star

A blog in English? Yes, in English, because the lady I want to write about is American and ofcourse she must be able to read this blog too!

I just love weddings. I love making the weddingcake! Infact, I eat and breath cake :) I love hearing about the preparation of the wedding during tasting sessions. I love people being in love. But most of all, I just love beauty..
And beauty is to be found in so many things in life; flowers in a field in springtime, the smile of my daughter, my dog with a little wind in her ears, new shoes :) and the photographs of Jasmine Star!



I while ago I saw the photographs of Jasmine for the first time and I just couldn't believe my eyes. These photo's aren't just pics made with a camera! No, these are moments of beauty, shown in a picture made by an artist. How can one person captivate light in a way you feel the sun is in your room?



How can a person show the love of two people in a way you know these two are meant to be together?
I only have one answer to all these questions...JASMINE STAR!!
Since she was voted as a Top Ten Wedding Photographer in the world by American photo in 2009 and also as a Top Ten most Influential Photographer by Photo District News in 2010, you must have seen her photographes somewhere too. Or photographes inspired by her work.
Look at these photo's of a French inspired Bridal shower..





Or the bridesmaids on this photo. If you see this photo you just know you have to have lot's of bridesmaids as a bride!


And besides the beautiful photographes (or are they little paintings?) she writes an inspirational blog! Filled with personal words her blogs are not only eye candy to look at, they move me. Reading Jasmines blog I laugh, I feel inspired, I get happy and I even have tears in my eyes. Her blog has become a moment of my day that fills my heart with beauty.



I just had to write a blog about Jasmine, because beauty needs to be shared in life! I know the photographs of Jasmine will be an inspiration to lots of others here in Holland. Also, Jasmine just gave an interview about wedding photography tips. Have a look at it on her blog...


Jasmine is a lifestyle photographer for fabulous peoples...Dear Jasmine, you are fabulous! Thank you for your inspiration and all the beauty you capture. Just know it's been seen all over the world.
Have a look on Jasmine's blog and website and be suprised. Don't forget to have a look at the documentary's on her website!
One last beautiful picture made by Jasmine, they're so many. Which one is your favourite?




1 comment: